Fake News and Stuff

Friday, June 2

Westboro Baptist Church Employee Files Discrimination Lawsuit


Photo by Americaroof wikicommons

Topeka, KS: A longtime Westboro Baptist Church employee has filed a lawsuit against his employer, claiming that he was subject to unfair, discriminatory practices in the workplace that led to his termination. Jeremiah Smith, 32, claims that he was the target of unwarranted aggression after making an innocent observation. The next thing he knew his workplace turned toxic.

"All I said was that I didn't think rainbows are all that bad. They're actually kind of pretty. The next thing I knew they had me in the middle of a circle of assholes and everyone was throwing stones at my head. Those things goddamn hurt."

Smith says that the lawsuit is not financially motivated, he just wants to institute a few changes to help eliminate workplace discrimination.

"When I first started here, it was a company I could be proud of. Now it's like they don't even care about their people. I was treated like my opinions don't matter and they just acted like it was perfectly alright to judge my lifestyle choices. No one should be treated like that unless they're gay or are suspected of being tolerant of the gay lifestyle.

"I tried to file a complaint with the HR department but that didn't work out like I had anticipated. I filled out all the online forms, which I thought were supposed to be anonymous. Later that day the HR lady came over to my desk, threw hot coffee in my face and told me I was going to burn in hell. She seemed so nice during my interview."

Outhouse Daily did not reach out to the Westboro Baptist Church for comment. Fuck that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment